August 11, 2013

Back to school

Hello hello :)
How's your day going?

It's been some time since I last just sat down and started writing with no intentions at all. It feels quite nice to do.. just letting go of some thoughts. Emptying the mind.
I've had many ideas for really good entries the past few days but for several reasons I never got to do it. One of them was the fact that I wasn't feeling very well after having the bandage taken off. It was mostly on the actual day.

Meanwhile I've spent time talking and catching up with some old friends. Many of my current friends have changed a bit, not personality wise but with who they hang out with and stuff. I still love all of them just as much as before, but from now on I will probably never be able to have all my girls around me at the same time anymore. It's just something I will have to get used to.
Talking to my old friends have been like traveling back in time. Instead of catching up and talking about the past, we just started where we left. It was as if we had never let go of each others and it made me happy to know that some people will just never change.
While I was unable to move around, they would keep me entertained. Since we couldn't hang out (I was glued to either the couch or a chair) they sent me things to watch.
I've never been a big fan of anime but I was introduced to some that I really liked called Baka to Test and Watamote. Definitely worth a try!
All of us still care for each other in.. well more or less the same way and every day they have checked up on me and I've checked up on them.
"How's your ear looking now?" "Are you feeling well?" "How's your day going?" "Tell me about your trip when you come back!" "Have fun at the family dinner and say hi from me!" and my favorite "You're still the same. I've missed you"

I might have changed completely over the past few years, yet I'm still the same.
Some people will always be there for you, no matter what. That's a really nice thought to have in mind when you are going through hard times or perhaps just starting something new and unknown.
For me, I'm going back to school.

I start in less than a week now! Wednesday 14th.
My school is a 3 year course. I already took my first year before traveling out and now that I have come back again, I'm technically a year behind as American school could not provide me the subjects needed. My ladies are going to graduate this school year while I'll still have 2 years to go through.
I'm going to start in a new class where I know nobody but one girl.
They say 2nd year is the hardest but I'll take it one step at a time. I can always ask my friends for help now that they've been through it.
Furthermore my school and my best friend's school will be merging. It will be the first and largest so called Super Gymnasium in Denmark.
We'll be around 1300 students which.. we were at my first school in America. There were 2400 at my second so I'm pretty used to be around that many people now but it will be exciting to see how others will take it.
Our different traditions, rules, parties, and students will have to merge and we have very mixed feelings about this. Will our old traditions follow us into our new buildings? Or will school life be forever changed because of the new environment?
One thing is for sure though! My school consists of most girls and my best friend's consists of most guys which means... finally there is a chance for everyone to have a dance partner at the school dance!

How about you?
Are you also getting ready for school?

4 comments:

  1. Happy back to school, Lucy! It's great that you still keep in contact with your old friends; my HS friends pretty much drifted apart, so yeah. ;n; I kind of miss them, and miss the days when we all got together for a girls day/night. I guess life moves on, though~

    Ohh, it sounds super cool for a school merge! o.o It sounds HUGE!

    Junniku.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^^ I hope your test went well too yesterday :)

      Yes it was GIANT.. sooo many people! Yet so many faces I recognized... many of them were those old friends I had once had strong bonds with. We drifted apart over the past years but I guess there will always be a chance, for both of us, to get back with them again :)

      Delete
  2. argh back to school D: your school sounds pretty fun though !
    ___________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog 'Heylinni' at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I will gladly follow you back!!! Us bloggers need to support each other
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah ikr?!
      I'm being introduced to a lot of new boring subjects but it's always fun with friends! :)

      I took a sneak-peek at your blog and I find it ADORABLE ohmygosh :o
      But you've got that right! I'm going to follow you for sure, you shall be very welcome to follow me back :)

      Lucy <3

      Delete