December 4, 2013

Decorating school for Christmas

After some really stressful days, things are finally starting to calm down. 
I only have 3 assignments left before going on Christmas Break on December 20th and homework has suddenly become much easier now that I have more time to work on it. 

Also, I'm extra happy these days as Christmas has finally come upon us!  
One of my favorite things about the Danish Christmas, is our handmade ornaments; decorations made out of colourful paper and carton. 
And here is yet a reason I love my school..
Every year, we have a day on which the office cancels the period so we can decorate the place!

All the students gathered up in the cafeteria where the school had provided us with "æbleskiver", "pebbernødder", koolaid, and material. We sat down with our own classes and then the fun began. 
The products of our hard work; "musetrapper" and "julehjerter"
(I left some videos at the end of the post in case you want to make some yourself)

See the girl standing up? She's hanging up guirlandes. Those are all over the place.. really, ALL OVER! 
I haven't gotten a chance to take a picture of it yet, but I will soon!
We decorated every corner of the cafeteria! Not even the elevator was left alone!
Cool, eh?
The atmosphere around school is much more christmas'y right now and we love it! 
Day after day we can just feel how Christmas is getting closer. 
O' how I love it 

No comments:

Post a Comment